Kathleen M. O'Neill is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Kathleen is an advisor for a broad range of healthcare industry clients, including physician groups, healthcare investors, non-profit hospital systems, and insurance companies. Kathleen collaborates with clients to reach their goals efficiently and mitigate risks along the way. Her practice centers on commercial contracting, including outsourcing and professional services arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and operational issues.
Kathleen’s transactional practice is supported by her experience with federal and state law governing corporate practice of medicine, fraud and abuse, licensure, commercial and governmental payor reimbursement, and peer review/fair hearings, including related state and federal reporting requirements. As a former registered nurse, Kathleen’s clinical experience informs her practical understanding of the issues that clients face in doing business in the healthcare industry.
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Top 10 Questions Asked By Medical Group Clients In Response To COVID-19," March 25, 2020
- "COVID-19 — Legal Guide for Medical Groups," March 24, 2020
- "Implementation of Final Health Care Decisions: Practical Advice for Attorneys," San Diego County Bar Association, November 6, 2019
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
B.S., Loyola University of Chicago, 2009, magna cum laude
- Legal Extern at Lurie Children’s
- Legal Extern to the Honorable Sidney I. Schenkier, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois