- J.D., Columbia University, 1980
- B.A., Yale University, 1977, cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth, Second, Fifth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey and District of Connecticut
Kenneth A. O'Brien, Jr. is a special counsel in the firm's Los Angeles office, and is a member of the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group.
Areas of Practice
Kenneth specializes in all aspects of complex civil litigation, including government contracts, financial institutions, bankruptcy and creditor's rights, corporate governance, securities, RICO, professional liability, intellectual property, antitrust, construction, environmental, and business torts. Kenneth's experience includes pretrial remedies, trials, administrative proceedings, appeals, government investigations, and ADR. Kenneth was formerly affiliated with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP; Kelley Drye & Warren LLP; and Hennigan, Bennett & Dorman LLP.
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2009
- Southern California SuperLawyers, 2004, 2007
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating AV® rating