Lauren Chang is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Lauren's practice focuses on land use planning and obtaining project approvals for developers, property owners and private clients in California. She advises clients at every step of the process, from initial due diligence and crafting successful entitlement strategies to compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act and through final project approval. Lauren has worked on complex development projects such as multi-family residential, affordable housing, mixed-use, hospitality and park projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren obtained extensive experience preparing CEQA administrative records, responding to Public Records Act requests and ensuring compliance with the Brown Act. That experience has given her a unique perspective on CEQA compliance and informs her practice on a daily basis.
- "CEQA's 'Unusual Circumstances Exception' in the Wake of Berkeley Hillside," Environmental Law News, Spring 2016
Real Estate Law Blog Posts
- "California Supreme Court Clarifies Scope of De Novo and Substantial Evidence Standards Of Review In CEQA Cases," February 25, 2019
- "Five Years in the Making: California is One Step Closer to a Comprehensive Update to the CEQA Guidelines," January 7, 2019
- "California Housing Legislation (2017-2018)," October 4, 2018
- Member, Environmental Law Section, Public Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Environmental Professionals
- Member, Central City Association
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2012
B.A., University of California, Davis, 2008, with honors
- Extern to the Honorable Michael A. Anello of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Extern to the Honorable Ronald S. Prager of the Superior Court of California for the County of San Diego