- J.D., University of San Diego, 2012
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 2008, with honors
- Extern to the Honorable Michael A. Anello, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Extern to the Honorable Ronald S. Prager, Superior Court of California, County of San Diego
Lauren K. Chang is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental practice group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Lauren's practice focuses on land use planning and obtaining project approvals for developers, property owners and private clients in California. She advises clients at every step of the process from initial due diligence to crafting successful entitlement strategies to compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act and through final project approval. Lauren has worked on a variety of complex development projects, including multi-family residential, affordable housing, mixed-use, hospitality and park projects. Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Lauren worked for a firm in Los Angeles that represents only public agency clients. There she obtained extensive experience preparing CEQA administrative records, responding to Public Records Act requests and ensuring compliance with the Brown Act. That experience has given her a unique perspective on CEQA compliance and informs her practice on a daily basis.
- "CEQA's 'Unusual Circumstances Exception' in the Wake of Berkeley Hillside," Environmental Law News, Spring 2016
Real Estate Law Blog Posts
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Environmental Law Section, Public Law Section
- Association of Environmental Professionals
- Central City Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association