Lindsay Ferguson is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Lindsay’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Lindsay has experience in representing private equity sponsored buy-outs, and representing portfolio companies of sponsor funds in add-on acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, financing transactions, corporate governance matters and day-to-day legal and commercial matters. Lindsay also has experience in the representation of public and private companies in securities issuances, securities regulations, corporate spin-offs and reorganizations and corporate governance and compliance.
- Represent private equity firm in its acquisition of more than a dozen retail, food service, manufacturing and health care companies over the past approximate 10 years with a total deal value of more than $500 million.
- Represent private equity firm in disposition of multiple portfolio companies.
- Represented private equity investors in connection with numerous private leveraged buy-out transactions involving a wide number of industries, including medical device manufacturing, consumer products and food products manufacturing.
- Represented Cash America International, Inc. in its $2.4 billion merger of equals with First Cash Financial Services, Inc.
- Represented General Motors Financial Company, Inc. in multibillion-dollar SEC registered offerings and Rule 144A offering of senior notes.
- Represented Cash America International, Inc. in connection with its 2014 spin-off of Enova International, Inc. to its shareholders.
- Represented AmeriCredit Corp., a publicly traded NYSE corporation, in its $3.5 billion sale to General Motors.
- Represented a global private equity firm in $300 million acquisition of publicly traded NYSE Amex hotel corporation.
- Represents issuers in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities.
- Represents public and private companies in merger, acquisition and sale transactions and spin-off transactions.
- Advises companies on securities law compliance and reporting obligations.
- Advises publicly-traded companies on SEC and stock exchange compliance, public reporting and corporate governance matters.
- Advises public and private companies on general corporate governance issues.
Texas Rising Star, Mergers & Acquisitions, Super Lawyers, 2012-2014.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2007, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif;
Articles Editor, Texas Tech Law Review, Order of the Barristers, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity
B.A., Texas Tech University, 2003, summa cum laude