Linda Igarashi is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Orange County office and is a member of the firm’s Healthcare, Private Equity, Food and Beverage, and Latin America teams.
Areas of Practice
Linda represents public and private companies, private equity firms, strategic investors and financial institutions. Her practice encompasses mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, debt and equity financing, business formation and structuring, and general corporate governance matters. She is a tireless advocate and trustworthy advisor in complex M&A transactions. She combines her M&A expertise and relationship skills to work effectively with all parties to structure mutually beneficial transactions. She also represents clients in cross-border transactions, particularly in Mexico, and is fluent in Spanish.
Prior to her legal career, Linda worked as a financial analyst with the Federal Reserve Bank and as a risk management consultant with Deloitte, and she brings this experience to her transactional practice. Linda’s diverse experience and perspective from all sides of the transaction is instrumental in the attainment of her client’s goals through practical solutions as well as balanced legal risk.
Linda co-leads Sheppard Mullin’s Orange County Diversity and Inclusion Working Group.
- Represented The Innovation Institute in the acquisition of fifteen (15) portfolio companies that provide services to hospitals and health systems.
- Represented Excellere Partners in the acquisition of its portfolio company, Molecular Designs, a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of multiplex assays for molecular testing and research.
- Represented Physicians Medical Group of San Jose, an independent physician association, in connection with its affiliation with and sale to Optum, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth.
- Represented Excellere Partners in the acquisition of its portfolio company, Advanced Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists (“ADVENT”), a provider of otolaryngologist (“ENT”) services in Wisconsin and Illinois; represented ADVENT in various add-on acquisitions of ENT practices.
- Represented the shareholders of a home health and hospice services provider, in the sale of a majority interest to a private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented Excellere Partners in the recapitalization of its portfolio company, Advanced Infusion Solutions (“AIS”) in the intrathecal pain management space; represented AIS in various add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Excellere Partners in the acquisition and eventual sale of Mentis Neuro Health, a provider of neuro-rehabilitation services to persons who have sustained an acquired brain injury.
- Represented ICON Eye Care in the acquisition of various ophthalmology clinics and surgery centers.
- Represented the sole shareholder of a private medical billing company in its sale to a private equity-backed buyer.
Food & Beverage, Consumer Products and Manufacturing
- Represented Guardion Health Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHSI) in its acquisition of certain assets of NutriGuard Research, Inc., including its nutraceuticals line of business.
- Represent a privately-held specialty grocery store chain on a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate restructuring and joint ventures.
- Represent the shareholders of a privately-held Mexican bluefin tuna farm on a wide range of corporate law matters, including cross-border issues.
- Represent a privately-held gourmet gift basket company on various corporate law matters.
- Represented Compass Diversified Holdings (NYSE: CODI) in its acquisition of Foam Fabricators, Inc. (“FFI”), a manufacturer of custom foam products used in packaging consumer products; represented FFI in various add-on acquisitions.
- Represented an aerospace manufacturing company in its sale to a private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented the shareholders of Allegro Credit, a consumer financing provider for healthcare products, including audiology products and dental services, in the sale to Synchrony Financial.
- Represented the shareholders of a veterinary hospital and clinic in the sale to Pathway Vet Alliance, a subsidiary of TSG Consumer Partners.
Technology and Consulting
- Represented the shareholders of a boutique gaming PC company in the sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented Clearlake Capital and its portfolio company Perforce Software in the acquisition of Perfecto Mobile, an Israeli-based technology company.
- Represented CoreIP Solutions, Inc., a technology solutions consulting firm, in the sale to NTERSOL, a technology company in the financial services industry.
- Represented Alan King and Company, Inc., a software company in the financial services industry, in its sale to SitusAMC Holdings Corp.
- Represented MNS Engineers, Inc., an infrastructure consulting firm, in the sale of a majority interest to Long Point Capital.
- Represented the shareholders of Paragon Partners, a real estate consulting company, in its sale to an affiliate of Contract Land Staff, LLC.
General Corporate Governance Matters
- Represent several portfolio companies in the structuring and implementation of management incentive equity programs.
- Represent several portfolio companies in connection with general employment matters, including negotiation of separation agreements, equity repurchase agreements, and amendments to equity plans.
- Lexis Nexis Practical Guidance, 08.22.2022
- Lexis Nexis Practical Guidance, 08.16.2022
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
American Health Lawyers Association
Hispanic National Bar Association
Orange County Bar Association
Orange County Hispanic Bar Association
Orange County Women Lawyers Association
State Bar of California
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2012
M.P.A., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 2002
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1999, with honors
B.S., University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 1999