- J.D., University of Chicago, 1996
- B.A., Michigan State University, 1984, highest honors
Laurette Petersen is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Petersen focuses her practice on leasing and commercial lending transactions. She has represented varied developers and debt and equity investors in the negotiation and due diligence of key project documents, structuring and documentation of project debt and equity financing, and closing of tax advantaged investments, most recently in renewable energy: wind, solar, biofuels.
Before becoming a lawyer, she spent 10 years as a banker specializing in the electric and gas industry.
- The Legal 500 USA, Energy, 2018
- Energy Team Joins Sheppard Mullin From Winston & StrawnLaw360, March 8, 2017
- Sheppard Mullin ChicagoJuly 20, 2017