Lowell Ritter is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Lowell’s practice covers a wide range of employment litigation and counseling. He defends employers in state and federal courts, arbitration, and before various administrative agencies in wage and hour disputes and against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination, among others.
Lowell also counsels employers on a wide range of workplace issues, including wage and hour compliance and employee discipline and termination, and he assists clients in drafting employment-related agreements.
During law school, Lowell earned the ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor & Employment Law.
ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor & Employment Law
- Law360, 06.03.2022
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "San Francisco Ordinance Requires Employers to Provide Paid Public Health Emergency Leave," July 1, 2022
- "California Employers Face New Obligations Under Cal/OSHA’s Revised COVID-19 ETS," January 3, 2022
- "Delaying Enforcement of Arbitration Agreements May Lead to Undesirable Consequences," January 28, 2021
J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 2017, cum laude; Executive Articles Editor, Notre Dame Journal of Legislation
B.S., Indiana University South Bend, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit