Michael Bean is special counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Downtown) office.
Areas of Practice
Michael specializes in the defense of insurance companies.
Michael is experienced in all stages of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, from pre-suit counsel to appellate advocacy. He represents insurance clients in matters arising out of first- and third-party claims, including high-exposure “cap-off” lawsuits; uninsured motorist lawsuits; complex property lawsuits; and equitable contribution actions between insurers. Michael has also assisted his clients in drafting policy provisions for both personal and commercial line coverages across the country.
Michael’s practice draws on his unique experience as corporate counsel for a national insurer, where he advised the company on its highest exposures and managed extra-contractual litigation across 21 states, including California, Texas, Missouri, and Pennsylvania.
- Bloomberg Law, 01.19.2023
- Daily Journal, 01.04.2023
Insurance Law Blog Posts
- "New Time-Limited Settlement Demand Laws Need Testing in Court," January 23, 2023
- "New California Law Impacts “Time-Limited Demands” in the Insurance Industry," January 10, 2023
- "California Insurance Law Updates: New California Law on time-limited demands," myLawCLE, February 24, 2023
J.D., Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, 2009
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2006, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California