- J.D., Harvard University, 1989, magna cum laude
- A.B., Princeton University, 1985, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Marc Feldman is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Marc specializes in insurance litigation. He represents insurance companies in cases involving first-party and third-party claims, personal lines and commercial policies, bad faith claims, complex coverage disputes, class actions and claims under California’s Business and Professions Code. Marc has tried cases to verdict in California courts, represented insurers in binding arbitrations, and has briefed and argued cases in the California Courts of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Marc's clients include: Allstate Insurance Company, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, Mercury Insurance Company, The Travelers Group, and Infinity Insurance Company.
Marc is a former President of the Insurance Bad Faith Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association and has conducted seminars on insurance law for lawyers and industry professionals.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rating
Representative Matters and Results:
- Won defense judgment for homeowners insurer after 4-week trial of bad faith lawsuit arising from a water and mold claim for a multimillion dollar estate home.
- Won summary judgment for auto insurer on $50 million class action alleging that auto policy violated California law.
- Obtained complete defense arbitration award for primary insurer sued by excess insurer on $22 million subrogation claim.
- Won numerous motions for summary judgment on bad faith claims against insurers arising from uninsured motorist claims.
- Obtained dismissal of suit against insurer via anti-SLAPP motion.
- Represented insurer in coverage action involving $1 billion claim by SDG&E against subcontractor arising from 2007 San Diego wildfires.
- Won motion dismissing breach of contract and bad faith claims against insurer arising from coverage dispute over the purchase of $20 million in counterfeit wine.
- Obtained defense judgment on trial of malicious prosecution claim against homeowners insurer.
- Won trial in bad faith action, with jury finding that homeowner committed arson.
- Litigation in California: What Every Business Needs to KnowMcKenna Long & Aldridge California Litigation Guide, January 2013
- General Principles for Advertising Injury Coverage in IP LawsuitsDaily Journal, November 22, 2011
- Third-Party Bad Faith: Claims for Breach of the Duty to SettleDaily Journal, July 12, 2011
- Luce Forward Obtains a Published Decision Upholding an Insurer's Right to Condition Payment of Extended Dwelling Limits on Repair or ReplacementMarch 31, 2011
- The 'Genuine Issue' Defense - Eliminating Bad Faith Claims in Cases of Suspected Insurance FraudInsurance Fraud Alert, Summer 1996
- Jewish Divorce and Secular Courts: Helping a Jewish Woman Obtain a GetBerkeley Women's Law Journal, Vol. 5, 1989-90
- Law360, April 7, 2014
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Past President, San Diego County Bar Association - Insurance Bad Faith Section
- American Inns of Court - Louis Welsh Chapter