Michaela R. Goldstein is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Michaela advises and defends employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. A significant portion of her practice is devoted to representing employers in the defense of complaints for class action and single-plaintiff matters in both court and arbitration. Michaela also has experience representing employers in DLSE proceedings, as well as before the DFEH and EEOC.
Michaela advises and counsels clients on day-to-day employment issues including discipline and terminations, personnel policies, and other wage and hour compliance issues. She also has experience drafting employment policies, including employee handbooks.
Michaela represents employers in a variety of industries including financial services, banking, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "New Employment Laws to Look Out for in 2021," November 4, 2020
- "California Counties Mandate Face Coverings & Stricter Requirements for Businesses," April 9, 2020
- "Managers Beware: Can you be held personally liable for wage and hour violations?" December 21, 2018
- "'Ban the Box' Laws & Workplace Violence: An Employer’s Failure to Sufficiently Perform Background Checks Could Lead To Costly Negligence Liability," May 31, 2018
- Federal Bar Association/myLawCLE, 12.22.2020
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2017, summa cum laude, Senior Note and Comment Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central, Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of California