- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1986, summa cum laude
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 1982, summa cum laude
Michelle D. Kahn is a partner in the Intellectual Property, Corporate and Business Trial Practice Groups of the firm's San Francisco and San Diego (Del Mar) offices.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Kahn focuses on all aspects of trademark and copyright law. Her practice includes clearance and counseling on the adoption of trademarks domestically and worldwide, global strategic branding support, prosecution of trademark applications in the United States and internationally, domestic and international enforcement of trademarks, trademark and copyright litigation, trademark licensing, and copyright counseling. Ms. Kahn manages the worldwide protection & enforcement of her clients intellectual property portfolios using a large network of foreign associates. She designs long-term strategies for securing and maintaining maximum protection and value for clients' intellectual property assets
Ms. Kahn has extensive experience in the federal courts, in contested proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in matters pending before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She has longstanding experience in the resolution of Internet related disputes and in the supervision and management of large trademark portfolios for clients in a broad range of industries, including those of Intel Corporation, Intuitive Surgical, Varian Associates, Inc., Thoratec Corporation, and Bare Escentuals, Inc.
Ms. Kahn's experience includes corporate and transactional matters including the negotiation and preparation of intellectual property and licensing agreements, as well as conducting intellectual property due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions.
- From East to West, Big Law Comes Out for PrideThe American Lawyer, June 23, 2017
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, International Trademark Association ("INTA)
- Member, Copyright Society ("CS")
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association ("AIPLA")
- Member, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections, California Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections, San Francisco Bar Association