- J.D., University of Southern California, 2014
- B.A., Emory University, 2010
Madalyn Macarr is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Macarr’s practice covers a wide variety of commercial and business litigation matters in both state and federal court. She has represented clients in a variety of high exposure litigation matters and has successfully defended a broad range of business disputes. Ms. Macarr’s experience includes securities litigation, class action defense, breach of contract and allegations of unfair business practices and fraud.
Ms. Macarr has experience in all stages of litigation, from filing and responding to complaints to conducting discovery to dispositive motions, arbitrations and judgment enforcement.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "California and Delaware Courts Agree: Amendments to Corporate Bylaws Do Not Apply Retroactively to Impair Pursuit Previously Accrued Claims," March 31, 2015
- "Second Circuit Notes Split with Ninth Circuit Over Whether Failure to Make Adequate Disclosures Under Item 303 of Regulation S-K May Serve as Basis for a Section 10(b) Claim," January 26, 2015
- "California Court of Appeal Applies Delaware Law to Deny Discovery in Shareholder Derivative Action," December 23, 2014