Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Series: What the Next Four Years of Trade Regulation will Bring for Emerging Companies
A new presidential administration brings a new set of economic priorities as well as a new approach to regulations that affect emerging companies. In January, a Biden administration will begin reconfiguring the regulations that will pull and shift trade around the world and that will impact the emerging companies':
- Research and Development
- Sourcing and Logistics
- Sales and Distribution
We will explore some of the aspects of the regulations that will have the broadest international effects and will focus on how emerging companies can plan and prepare to be best positioned to respond to the changes.
In this session we will:
- Discuss increasing technology controls in the context of global competition for technological dominance
- Explore restrictions on foreign direct investment that poses challenges and opportunities for companies seeking funding
- Investigate the growing U.S.-China divide and its effects on research, development, and funding for emerging companies in both countries
Whether you are a new or serial entrepreneur, please join us for an informative session to help plan how to survive and thrive in the changing conditions we will see in the coming four years.
- Reid Whitten, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Fatema Merchant, Partner, Sheppard Mullin