Nate Barbara is an associate in the Real Estate, Energy, Land Use & Environmental Practice Group and a member of the Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance Team in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Nate’s practice focuses on renewable energy transactions with emphasis on debt and tax equity financing of solar, wind, and battery storage projects. He also advises parties in M&A transactions involving renewable projects and represents lenders and sponsors at all stages of project development.
In addition to his renewable energy practice, Nate represents pro bono clients in immigration and conservation matters.
Prior to law school, Nate gained legal experience working as a clerk at several different law firms throughout his hometown of San Diego. While in law school, he participated in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program and played on USC’s Supreme Court basketball team.
- Bird & Bird, 04.21.2023
Energy Law Blog Posts
- "Previewing the Gulf of Mexico Offshore Wind Lease Auction," August 15, 2023
- "Sheppard Mullin Launches California Green Hydrogen Readiness Assessment – How Prepared Are You and the State?," January 12, 2023
- "Bid Credits Intended to Stimulate Local Coordination and Development in Upcoming California Lease Auction Add New Wrinkle to Bid Strategies," October 31, 2022
- "California Offshore Wind Auction," October 21, 2022
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Blog Posts
- "How Prepared Are You for the Surge in California’s Green Hydrogen Economy?," January 4, 2023
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2022, Order of the Coif
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2018, cum laude