Nikole Snyder is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. He is the lead associate of the Aerospace, Defense & Government Services Team.
Areas of Practice
Nikole represents government contractors in various government contracts litigation and counseling matters, including in the following areas:
- Civil False Claims Act litigation defense;
- Cybersecurity counseling;
- Internal investigations;
- Small business issues under the Small Business Administration regulations, including issues of size status and affiliation;
- Transactional due diligence;
- Bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office; and
- Bribery, gratuities, and kickbacks.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Nikole spent five years working for a defense contractor in Arlington, VA, supporting a Department of Defense agency. During her time as a contractor, Nikole spent three years supporting the agency’s Office of General Counsel as a Law Clerk, and gained valuable experience with litigation, defending bid protests, contract negotiation, intellectual property issues, Other Transactions Agreements (OTAs), and ethics compliance.
- Procurement Lawyer, Winter 2021
- Law360, 07.17.2020
- Jurisdiction over Federal Procurement Disputes: The Puzzle of Other Transactions Agreements, 48 Pub. Cont. L. J. 3, 515 (Spring 2019)
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Sheppard Submits Comments to Main Street Loan Program," April 17, 2020
- "Checklist for CARES Act Assistance to Companies," April 1, 2020
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "CISA Releases “Cyber Essentials” to Assist Small Businesses," November 12, 2019
- "Interim Rule Solidifies Cybersecurity Requirements for Defense Industrial Base," October 9, 2020
Government Contracts and Investigations Blog Posts
- "At a Glance: White House 100-Day Supply Chain Report," June 29, 2021
- "Right on Time – NIST Releases Definition of “Critical Software” Per Biden’s Cybersecurity Executive Order," June 29, 2021
- "Biden’s Cybersecurity Executive Order," May 17, 2021
"GSA’s Take on Implementation of Section 889," September 29, 2020
"CMMC Version 1.0: Enhancing DOD’s Supply Chain Cybersecurity," February 27, 2020
- "Let the Seller Beware – NASA’s Proposed Rule Seeks to Limit the Presence of Counterfeit Electronic Parts," January 31, 2020
- The Coalition For Government Procurement Webinar, 07.30.2020
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 2019, cum laude, Managing Editor, George Mason Law Review
- M.S., University of New Haven, 2013, magna cum laude
- B.A., West Virginia University, 2010, magna cum laude
- Washington, D.C.