Nikole Snyder is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Nikole represents government contractors in various government contracts litigation and counseling matters, including in the following areas:
- Civil False Claims Act litigation defense;
- Cybersecurity counseling;
- Internal investigations;
- Small business issues under the Small Business Administration regulations, including issues of size status and affiliation;
- Transactional due diligence;
- Bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office; and
- Bribery, gratuities, and kickbacks.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Nikole spent five years working for a defense contractor in Arlington, VA, supporting a Department of Defense agency. During her time as a contractor, Nikole spent three years supporting the agency’s Office of General Counsel as a Law Clerk, and gained valuable experience with litigation, defending bid protests, contract negotiation, intellectual property issues, Other Transactions Agreements (OTAs), and ethics compliance.
- Jurisdiction over Federal Procurement Disputes: The Puzzle of Other Transactions Agreements, 48 Pub. Cont. L. J. 3, 515 (Spring 2019)
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Checklist for CARES Act Assistance to Companies," April 1, 2020
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "CISA Releases “Cyber Essentials” to Assist Small Businesses," November 12, 2019
Government Contracts and Investigations Blog Posts
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 2019, cum laude, Managing Editor, George Mason Law Review
- M.S., University of New Haven, 2013, magna cum laude
- B.A., West Virginia University, 2010, magna cum laude
- Washington, D.C.