Pouneh Almasi is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Pouneh’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation with an emphasis on copyright and trademark issues. She is also a member of the firm’s Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency Team.
During law school, Pouneh worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jacqueline Scott Corley at the Northern District of California in San Francisco. At Hastings, Pouneh served as a Senior Production Editor on the Hastings Law Journal and worked as a Research Assistant to the UC Hastings Academic Dean. She also served on the Executive Board of the Iranian Law Students Association and as a Committee Member to the Iranian American Bar Association, Northern California Chapter Board.
- Bloomberg Law, 07.06.2021
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog Posts
- "CFPB Targets Student Loan Debt Relief Scam Reboot," June 15, 2022
- "CFPB Announces Opening of New Office of Competition and Innovation," June 7, 2022
- "Connecticut Stops FinTech from Unlicensed Lending Activities," June 7, 2022
- "OCC Acting Comptroller: Recent Crypto Events Provide a “Wake-Up Call,” “Opportunity to Reset and Recalibrate”," May 31, 2022
- "CFPB, NY Reach $4M Settlement with Debt Collection Operation," May 31, 2022
- "CFPB Report on Mortgage Servicers Examines Industry Responses After Pandemic Protections End," May 20, 2022
- "No Relief in Sight: CFPB and FTC Continue to Take Action Against Debt Settlement Companies," May 13, 2022
- "SEC Proposed Amendments Could Significantly Impact DeFi Companies," February 17, 2022
- "CFPB to Examine College Lending Practices," January 26, 2022
Global Trade Law Blog
Legal Issues with Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2020, CALI Award for Excellence, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2012
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jacqueline Scott Corley, United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Farsi (Persian)