Sheppard Mullin Makes Yale Law Women’s Top 10 List For Gender Equality And Family Friendliness
Sheppard Mullin is proud to announce it has been recognized by Yale Law Women as one of the top 10 law firms for gender equity and for family friendliness in its 14th annual Top Ten Firms for Gender Equity and Family Friendliness Report. Sheppard Mullin was one of only four firms to make both lists.
“We thank Yale Law Women for both their tireless work and for recognizing our commitment to women in the legal profession,” said MaryJeanette Dee, Sheppard Mullin’s Co-Managing Partner. “Sheppard Mullin is steadfast in our pledge to ensure that we have programs and initiatives in place that support women and all diverse attorneys. Appearing on this list is an honor and we are humbled to be in such outstanding company.”
Examples of Sheppard Mullin’s commitment to women include the following:
- Each domestic office has a Women Lawyers Group (“WLG”), helmed by a WLG National Leadership Council comprised of one of the firm’s three managers, four partners, three senior associates, and D&I leadership
- A special, intensive business development coaching program called “Practice Made Perfect” is offered to all senior women associates
- The Women Attorneys Success Initiative Committee (“WASIC”) was formed to use a data-driven approach to evaluate outcomes of women attorneys at the firm. The result was a set of recommendations focused on improving the recruiting, retention and promotion of women at Sheppard Mullin.
- ABA Presidential Initiative on Achieving Long Term Careers for Women In the Law – we are a prominent sponsor of this ABA initiative that seeks to underscore the benefits of women remaining in the profession and highlight the career paths of senior women lawyers for the next generation.
- 30 percent of the elected members on the firm’s Executive Committee and 40 percent of the elected members of the firm’s Compensation Committee are women.
Rena Andoh, Chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, noted, “Many, many people worked very hard to achieve this amazing recognition. At Sheppard Mullin, we are unwaveringly committed to diversity and inclusion in all its forms and the support from our firm chair Guy Halgren has been overwhelming.”
Sheppard Mullin’s commitment to diversity and inclusion has been often recognized. Some recent achievements include:
- Named among Working Mother Magazine’s 2018 “Best Law Firms for Women”
- Attained Mansfield Certification from Diversity Lab and was one of only 27 firms to earn the Mansfield Certified Plus designation for 2018
- Ranked #32 on The American Lawyer’s 2018 Diversity Scorecard
- Scored 100 on HRC’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index
- Noted among the best firms for minority attorneys by Law360
About Yale Law Women’s Top Ten Firms for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness
Yale Law Women produces the Top Ten Report to monitor trends in gender equity and family friendliness among law firms ranked in the Vault 100, raise awareness of disparities within the legal profession, highlight progress being made in the industry, and identify areas for improvement. Click here to read the full report.