- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 1978, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, Duke Law Journal: 1977-78
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, 1974, summa cum laude
Richard Brunette is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the Los Angeles office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Brunette specializes in creditor rights, commercial litigation and business bankruptcy. Mr. Brunette has extensive experience in creditors rights litigation and appellate work. He has broad experience representing creditors in business and real estate workouts involving various industries, including commercial and industrial real estate, hospitality, technology companies, retailing and agribusiness. He lectures frequently on commercial law and bankruptcy issues, including presentations to the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) and the International Insolvency Institute.
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2007-2018
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2008-2018
- Los Angeles Daily Journal, February 10, 2015
Finance & Bankruptcy Law Blog Posts
- "When Red is the Color of the Season: Commercial Property Leases and Bankruptcy," December 12, 2008 (also published on the Fashion and Apparel Law Blog)
- Member of ABA task force on revisions to the Uniform Commercial Code
- Former Chair, Sheppard Mullin's Executive Committee, 1998-2001
- Former Chair, ABA Subcommittee on Agri-Business and Agricultural Financing