Sean Crowe is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Sean returns to Sheppard Mullin after pursuing his own technology startup. He brings his firsthand experience of working on all aspects of a business to his practice and is uniquely positioned to evaluate the legal considerations in a transaction from both a legal and business perspective. Sean focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financings and general corporate matters in the healthcare, entertainment, technology and consumer product industries.
Representative M&A Transactions
- Represented One Lambda, Inc. in its sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: TMO) for $925 million.
- Represented Bethenny Frankel and Skinny Girl Cocktails LLC in the sale of the Skinnygirl® brand in the alcohol beverage category to Jim Beam Brands Co.
- Represented The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) in connection with its sale of the Miramax library.
- Represented Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Adams Golf, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADGF).
- Represented Dr. Fresh, a leading designer and marketer of toothbrushes and other personal care products in a sale and roll-over/recapitalization transaction with Moelis Capital Partners, the private equity business affiliated with Moelis & Company.
- Represented Ingram Micro (NYSE: IM) in its acquisition of Oden Service Automation, a provider of cloud management technologies.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Zemax, LLC and its subsidiaries (a provider of optical and illumination design software) from Radiant Zemax, a portfolio company of Evergreen Pacific Partners.
- Represented Novetta Solutions, LLC (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its auction and sale to The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG).
- Represented Iron Data Solutions (a portfolio company of Arlington Capita Partners) in connection with the sale of its Transportation Spend Management business to Spire Capital.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden in connection with its acquisition of Bluewolf, which designs and builds innovative customer and employee experiences on the Salesforce platform.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden in connection with its acquisition of The Chartis Group, a strategy and technology consulting firm specializing in hospitals and healthcare delivery systems.
- Represented DaVita Dialysis (NYSE: DVA) in connection with acquisitions of various dialysis centers across the United States.
- Represented AppleCare Medical Management in its strategic transaction with OptumHealth, an affiliate of UnitedHealth Group.
- Represented Snap-On, Inc. (NYSE: SNA) in connection with its acquisition of Challenger and Quality Lifts, Inc., an industrial automotive lift business.
- Represented Perella Weinberg Partners in connection with its acquisition of Trench Plate Rental Co., one of the country’s largest suppliers of trench safety and traffic control solutions.
- Represented CalPortland Cement in connection with its acquisitions of various cement mixing businesses.
- Represented New Enterprise Associates Inc. in connection with its investment in Goop, an eCommerce company focused on the verticals of beauty, fashion, home and food.
- Represented LegalZoom.com, Inc. in its proposed $120 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) in its $230 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and a subsequent follow-on secondary offering of an additional $250 million.
- Represented RadNet (NASDAQ: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance.
- Represented Machinima, Inc., an online entertainment network focused on video games, in connection with a convertible debt investment by Warner Bros.
- Represented Samsung Ventures in connection with various early stage investments in technology companies.
- Represented Adidas in connection with various early stage investments in technology and apparel companies.
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2009, Business Law Concentration
B.S., Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California