Shin Hahn is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Shin has extensive experience in general commercial litigation. Shin’s practice involves international commercial arbitration, federal and state court litigation, white collar investigation, and bank regulatory inquiries. Shin frequently represents foreign companies and financial institutions in connection with cross-border disputes, contract disputes, tort litigation, regulatory inquiries, and enforcement actions in the United States.
As a native speaker in Korean, Shin represents Korean companies in a wide variety of litigation and investigation matters.
- Representation of a Japanese distributor of medical products in an ICC arbitration;
- Representation of a French distributor of artificial heart pumps in an ICC arbitration;
- Representation of a Korean bank in connection with a potential US sanctions violation;
- Representation of a Korean bank in connection with a bank regulatory enforcement action;
- Representation of U.S. companies in connection with investigations conducted by the Department of Justice;
- Representation of a financial advisor in connection with an SEC investigation.
New York Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Class Action, 2017-2020
International Arbitration Law Blog Posts
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2011
M.A., Yonsei University, 2008
B.A., Sogang University, 2006
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York