Sami Hasan is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Sami has extensive experience litigating a wide range of employment claims before administrative agencies as well as state and federal courts. He specializes in wage and hour class and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions, as well as discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims brought under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA).
Sami also counsels employers and prepares employment policies on a wide range of topics, including:
- Wage and hour compliance
- Family and medical leave
- Disability and religious accommodation
- Employee onboarding and performance management
- Employee separation and severance
- Workplace investigations
- Arbitration programs and agreements
- Reductions in force
Sami was previously an associate at an international labor and employment law firm. Prior to that, he was a staff counsel at the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)—experience that clients have found particularly valuable in defending government enforcement actions and navigating California’s discrimination, harassment, and retaliation laws.
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Ninth Circuit Reversed Grubhub’s Victory on Independent Contractor Classification in Light of the Retroactive Application of Dynamex," September 22, 2021
- "U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Individualized Arbitration Where Agreement Is Ambiguous on Issue of Class Arbitration," April 30, 2019
Trade Secrets Law Blog Posts
Member, Bay Area Association of Muslim Lawyers
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2010
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2006
- Judicial fellow to Justice Thomas E. Hollenhorst of the Fourth District California Court of Appeal, Division Two.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California