Sami Hasan is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Sami has extensive experience litigating a wide range of employment claims before administrative agencies as well as state and federal courts. He specializes in wage and hour class and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions, as well as discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims brought under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA).
Sami also counsels employers and prepares employment policies on a wide range of topics, including:
- Wage and hour compliance
- Family and medical leave
- Disability and religious accommodation
- Employee onboarding and performance management
- Employee separation and severance
- Workplace investigations
- Arbitration programs and agreements
- Reductions in force
Sami was previously an attorney at an international labor and employment law firm. Prior to that, he was a staff counsel at the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (now the California Civil Rights Department)—experience he uses to counsel employers facing government enforcement actions and trying to navigate California’s discrimination, harassment, and retaliation laws.
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2023-2024
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Ninth Circuit Reversed Grubhub’s Victory on Independent Contractor Classification in Light of the Retroactive Application of Dynamex," September 22, 2021
- "U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Individualized Arbitration Where Agreement Is Ambiguous on Issue of Class Arbitration," April 30, 2019
Trade Secrets Law Blog Posts
- Law360, 03.03.2023
Member, Bay Area Association of Muslim Lawyers
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2010
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2006
- Judicial fellow to Justice Thomas E. Hollenhorst of the Fourth District California Court of Appeal, Division Two.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California