- J.D., University of Minnesota, 1997, cum laude
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1994
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Central, Southern and Northern Districts of California
Sascha Henry is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office. She is leader of the firm's food and beverage industry team, and consumer class action defense team.
Ms. Henry specializes in defending clients in complex business litigation and consumer class actions. Ms. Henry recently defeated class certification of an alleged nationwide class action involving allegations of false labeling of food. She recently argued a case before the Second District Court of Appeal, and the court then affirmed summary judgment in favor of the client in a complex business matter. In 2011, she prevailed in a complex business fraud case, resulting in a jury verdict of over $300 million for the client.
Ms. Henry has represented food and beverage companies, manufacturers, financial institutions, insurers, energy and other technology companies, mortgage companies, real estate developers, and other businesses. Her experience includes actions involving claims of Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law violations under Sections 17200 and 17500 of the Business and Professions Code, breach of contract and business torts. She has litigated specific issues relating to false advertising, disputes with distributors, privacy rights, defamation, truth in lending laws, sovereign immunity and Insurance Code violations. Ms. Henry also counsels clients regarding business practices as they relate to consumers of goods and services.
Her experience includes state and federal trial courts, as well as appellate work in the California Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Represents national restaurant company in class action of California over alleged false advertising.
Represents supplement manufacturer in false advertising class action relating to product labeling.
Represented national restaurant chain in false advertising class actions relating to menus. Defeated class certification and matter resolved favorably for client.
Represented supplement manufacturer in false advertising class action. Prevailed on motion to dismiss.
Represented cosmetic manufacturer in false advertising class action. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented insurer in class action alleging class was owed interest on deposits paid. Prevailed on summary judgment and judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Represented law firm in class action against allegations of malpractice. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented storage facility in class action against allegations of statutory violations related to insurance program. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented internet-based company in class action alleging false advertising and unfair business practices. Resolved by favorable settlements.
Represented lender in class action alleging class members' privacy rights were violated. Prevailed in arbitration, and judgment in favor of client was affirmed on appeal.
Represented app developer in class action alleging class members' privacy rights were violated. Case against client dismissed.
Represented lender in class action alleging class members were deceived into paying undisclosed fees. Prevailed on summary judgment, and judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Complex Business Cases
Represented real estate developer in dispute regarding sales commissions. Prevailed on summary judgment and judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Represented insurer against policyholder in complex fraud and deception case. Prevailed after lengthy jury trial.
Represented technology company in license dispute. Resolved in client's favor.
Represented lenders in connection with fraud committed by borrowers. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented manufacturer in complex dispute with distributor. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented on-line marketing service in dispute with marketing vendor. Resolved by favorable settlement.
Represented pharmaceutical company in dispute with vendor. Prevailed in arbitration, and judgment in favor of client was affirmed on appeal.
Published Appellate Decisions
State Comp. Ins. Fund v. Sup. Ct., 184 Cal. App. 4th 1124 (2010)
- American Bar Association: The Woman Advocate, May 24, 2016
- Food & Beverage Class Actions: Early and comprehensive legal frameworks and defense strategiesMetropolitan Corporate Counsel, March 29, 2016
- Bloomberg BNA: Class Action Litigation Report, March 28, 2014
- Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 6, 2014
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
- Law360, August 25, 2016
- Food Labeling Cases Prove Tough For Plaintiffs' LawyersDaily Journal, January 9, 2015
- Law360, June 24, 2014
- Daily Journal, May 7, 2014
- Inside Counsel, April 1, 2014
- Co-Chair, "CLE International’s Food Law Seminar," Washington, D.C., March 17-18, 2016
- Speaker, "The Class Standing Doctrine: How Close Must Putative Class Claims Be to Those of the Class Representative," CLE International Conference, Washington, D.C., October 3, 2013
- Speaker, "Class Action Laws In Motion: A Brief Overview of Some Monumental Changes over the Past Six Months," CLE International Conference, Chicago, October 4, 2012
- Speaker, "Recent Trends in False Advertising Law: The Import of Kwikset and Mazza," CLE International's Class Actions Conference in Los Angeles, May 17, 2012
- Member, Food and Supplements Subcommittee, Section of Litigation, American Bar Association
- Member, Leadership California’s Executive Advisory Council
- Member, Food Law Committee California State Bar
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Board of Governors
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee
- Member, Women's Advocate Committee, Section of Litigation, American Bar Association