Sieun Lee is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Sieun specializes in consumer class action defense and complex commercial litigation. She has successfully represented clients in claims involving Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), California Rosenthal Act, Fair Credit Reporting Acting (FCRA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), California's Unfair Competition Law (UCL), California’s Consumers Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), Privacy and call recording statutes, Automobile Sales Finance Act (ASFA or Rees-Levering), and other business claims, including breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, defamation, false advertising, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, wrongful foreclosure or repossession, and unfair debt collection. Sieun has successfully litigated the enforcement of consumer arbitration provisions containing class action waivers on behalf of her clients.
Sieun is experienced in all aspects of California and federal civil procedure. Sieun has obtained summary judgment for her clients, and she has handled jury trials and arbitrations and obtained favorable results for her clients in these contested proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Sieun served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Dana M. Sabraw of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. While attending law school, Sieun served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Bernard G. Skomal for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. She also served as a law clerk at the California Department of Justice, where she successfully argued before the California Court of Appeal.
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Getting to Business Judgment in an Interested Transaction: Controlling Stockholder Must Put Procedural Protections in Place Prior to the Commencement of Economic Negotiations," October 17, 2018
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
Board Member, Korean American Bar Association, 2017-2018 and 2019-2020
Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Member, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
Member, Federal Bar Association
Member, Lawyer’s Club
Member, San Diego County Bar Association
J.D., University of San Diego, 2016, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, San Diego Law Review
B.A. and B.S., University of California, San Diego, 2011, cum laude, honors with highest distinction
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Dana M. Sabraw, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Bernard G. Skomal, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania