- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1993
- B.A., University of Massachusetts, 1990, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
Scott A. Morehouse is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Morehouse counsels real estate funds, REITs, pension funds, banks and other institutional clients in a wide variety of transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, development, and financing of real property throughout the United States. A significant portion of Mr. Morehouse's investments are structured as joint ventures.
Mr. Morehouse's finance and capital markets experience includes the origination, acquisition, structuring, and restructuring of permanent and bridge loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans and other subordinate debt financings, A/B loan structures, loan participations, and other co-lending arrangements. He also has represented lenders and borrowers in resolving troubled real estate loans, and the purchase and sale of distressed and non-performing loans.
Additionally, Mr. Morehouse assists clients with the structuring and execution of acquisitions and dispositions of all major commercial property types, including office buildings, major retail malls and shopping centers, hotels, multi-family residential, industrial, and land. He has handled complex multistate transactions, including portfolio acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate, Best Lawyers, 2018-2019
- Real Estate and Construction, Legal 500, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Law360, March 25, 2014
- Webcast Presenter, "Acquiring Mortgage and Mezzanine Loans in Distress: Ten Mistakes to Avoid," April 2009