Tyler Johnson is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Tyler represents employers in every stage of the litigation process, from prelitigation disputes to class certification hearings and trials. He represents businesses of every size, and has extensive experience in the healthcare, agricultural, fashion, and temporary staffing industries. Tyler defends employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and has prevailed at trial in a pregnancy discrimination case. Tyler also routinely represents businesses in complex litigation, including proposed class actions and representative actions under the Private Attorneys General Act. Tyler has defeated class certification in a number of cases and frequently obtains summary judgment for employers. He has also prevailed on appeals in the California Court of Appeal and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Beyond litigation, Tyler counsels and trains employers and management to help them achieve compliance and avoid future disputes. He also drafts employment policies and procedures and conducts workplace audits to help employers implement lawful practices, taking into consideration the unique needs of each client.
Labor and Employment Law Blog
- "Good Faith Dispute Over Employment Relationship Allows Walmart to Escape Waiting Time Penalties," May 2, 2022
- "2021 California Legislative Update: California’s New Employment Laws," October 6, 2021
- "California Department of Public Health Issues New Statewide Stay At Home Order Linked to ICU Bed Capacity," December 7, 2020
- "U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘Wholly Groundless’ Exception to Delegation Clauses in Arbitration Agreements," January 10, 2019
J.D., Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
B.A, University of Maryland, 2012, summa cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Ronald S.W. Lew of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit