Umar Sattar is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Umar has experience litigating before federal and state courts across the country. He regularly defends against single-plaintiff and class action wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and products liability claims. He also regularly prosecutes and defends against antitrust, breach of restrictive covenant and misappropriation of trade secret claims.
Umar conducts internal investigations and audits on behalf of clients, including those related to wage and hour, whistleblower, harassment and workplace misconduct issues.
In addition to his litigation experience, Umar is skilled in counseling employers on a multitude of issues, including personnel policies, employee handbooks, federal and local leave laws, wage and hour compliance, and trade secret protection.
Prior to entering private practice, Umar served as a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Illinois Governor Signs Non-Compete Legislation," August 26, 2021
- "Governor Signs Sweeping Changes to Illinois Employment Laws," May 12, 2021
J.D., Georgetown University, 2016
B.A., University of Tampa, 2012, manga cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado