- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2005, Order of the Coif, Editor-In Chief and Articles Editor, Stanford Technology Law Review
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002, highest honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Morehead Scholar
- Law clerk to the Honorable Sidney R. Thomas, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Valerie Alter is a special counsel in the Business Trial and Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Groups in the firm's Century City Office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Alter is a business litigator who represents clients in intellectual property and media law matters, including trademark, copyright, right of publicity, trade secret, and privacy claims. She also represents clients in complex and general business litigation, including class actions, involving claims of unfair competition, violations of the California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and false advertising, among others. She has appeared in California Superior Court, federal district court, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2009-2015
- BNA Insights, September 10, 2013
- Communications Lawyer, Volume 26, Number 3, July 2009
- Media Law Resource Center, December 2008
- Media, Privacy and Defamation Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2008