Zachary Golda is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Zachary’s practice focuses on general business litigation, including regulatory challenges, breach of contract, business torts, blockchain, sports, and other high-stakes business litigation matters.
Zachary is a member of the Blockchain Industry Group, and has litigated cases involving blockchain, privacy, and regulatory issues. Zachary has also drafted several articles about regulatory advances in the cryptocurrency space, covering topics such as decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), and SEC and CFTC regulation of the blockchain industry.
Zachary also is a member of the California Regulatory Practice Group, where he advises clients on communicating with regulators, analyzing and responding to agency proposed rulemakings, and where necessary, litigating constitutional, statutory, and procedural challenges to newly passed regulations.. For example, Zachary has prosecuted and defended several cases involving preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders, securing critical victories for clients that led to dismissal or settlement. Zachary brings a unique perspective to regulatory challenges because he has both challenged and defended government regulatory actions.
Recently, Zachary advised a food and beverage client with responding to a local health officer’s orders imposing extreme and strategically unsound containment measures. Zachary created a tactical and realistic response plan which the local authorities approved, relieving the client from the orders
Zachary also maintains a strong pro bono practice. Currently, Zachary represents a non-profit organization in litigation against a city’s attempt to shut the organization down through local zoning regulations.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog
- "June 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions and Regulatory Guidance Roundup," July 19, 2022
- "May 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions and Regulatory Guidance Roundup," June 6, 2022
- "April 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions And Regulatory Guidance Roundup," May 2, 2022
- "March 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions Roundup," April 6, 2022
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog
Law of the Ledger Blog Posts
- "Digital Asset Policy: Aspirations, Reality and Regulation," August 18, 2022
- "Recent SEC Proposed Rulemaking Could Impact Blockchain Trading Platforms," January 31, 2022
- "Tokenization: Opportunity and Regulation, Finding a Balance," October 15, 2021
- "Wyoming Takes the Lead With Decentralized Autonomous Organizations," May 25, 2021
J.D., Loyola Law School
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- California State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit