Zachary Golda is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Zachary’s practice focuses on general business litigation and constitutional litigation. Zachary has prosecuted and defended claims for breach of contract, fraud, and interference with contract, as well as constitutional challenges, and regulatory challenges in the trial court and the courts of appeal. Zachary’s practice industries include blockchain, sports, food and beverage, and other high-profile matters.
Zachary also is a member of the California Regulatory Practice Group, where he advises clients on communicating with regulators, analyzing and responding to agency proposed rulemakings, and litigating constitutional, statutory, and procedural challenges to newly passed regulations. For example, Zachary has prosecuted and defended several cases seeking preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders, securing critical victories for clients that led to dismissal or settlement. Zachary has also represented clients in appeals before the Ninth Circuit and the California Courts of Appeal.
Zachary is a Lead Associate of Sheppard Mullin’s Blockchain Industry Team, and has advised clients on issues related to NFTs, and litigated cases alleging privacy issues arising blockchain technologies. Zachary has published several articles covering regulatory advances in the cryptocurrency space, including coverage of DAOs—also known as decentralized autonomous organizations.
Zachary also maintains a strong pro bono practice. Currently, Zachary represents a non-profit organization in litigation against a city’s attempt to shut the organization down through local zoning regulations.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog
- "June 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions and Regulatory Guidance Roundup," July 19, 2022
- "May 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions and Regulatory Guidance Roundup," June 6, 2022
- "April 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions And Regulatory Guidance Roundup," May 2, 2022
- "March 2022 Crypto Enforcement Actions Roundup," April 6, 2022
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog
Law of the Ledger Blog Posts
- "The SEC’s Sudden Impact on NFTs!," September 8, 2023
- "Digital Asset Policy: Aspirations, Reality and Regulation," August 18, 2022
- "Recent SEC Proposed Rulemaking Could Impact Blockchain Trading Platforms," January 31, 2022
- "Tokenization: Opportunity and Regulation, Finding a Balance," October 15, 2021
- "Wyoming Takes the Lead With Decentralized Autonomous Organizations," May 25, 2021
J.D., Loyola Law School
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- California State Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit