Audrey Crowell is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office and a member of the Healthcare and Life Sciences teams.
Areas of Practice
Audrey represents clients in the healthcare and life sciences industries by advising on regulatory compliance matters under federal and state law. Audrey has counseled numerous clients on pre- and post-market requirements for both drugs and devices, healthcare facility licensing, fraud and abuse limitations, and Medicare/Medicaid participation requirements, among other regulatory topics. Audrey also represents clients in business and transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions and corporate governance.
Audrey earned her J.D. form Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in Dallas, Texas, where she graduated with honors. She was the recipient of the Don Smart Directed Research Award for her article titled, “A Renewed Emphasis on Charity Care: Incentivizing Nonprofit Hospitals to Address the Nation’s Indigent Care Needs.” Additionally, Audrey served as an editor for the SMU International Law Review, with a focus on global healthcare disparities.
Healthcare Influencer, GlobeSt’s Real Estate Forum, 2022
- Law360, 01.11.2023
- Industry Fights Back Against Restrictions on Pharmaceutical Manufacturers’ Ability To Offer Drug Cost-Sharing SubsidiesNew York Law Journal, 01.09.2023
- Texas Lawyer, 07.08.2022
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Proposed Rule Leverages Section 1557 for Healthcare Equity," August 22, 2022
- "Supreme Court Discrimination Case Narrows Scope of Restitution for Individuals," May 25, 2022
- "Tax Break for Certain Medical Billing Services in Texas," March 1, 2022
- "Debate Continues Around Scope of Practice Expansion for APPs," December 13, 2021
FDA Law Blog Posts
- "FDA Expands Inspection Guidance to Apply to Device Manufacturers," December 27, 2022
- "FDA Lightens Promotional Restrictions for Certain COVID-19 Drugs with Emergency Use Authorization," November 30, 2022
- "OIG Limits Pharmaceutical Manufacturers’ Ability to Offer Drug Cost-Sharing Subsidies," October 13, 2022
- Fireside Chat: The Effect of Dobbs on Health Equity, Webinar, 11.09.2022