Alyssa Paddock is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Alyssa’s practice incorporates all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and financial distress. Her focus has primarily centered around debtor representations in chapter 11 proceedings, but she also represents creditors and companies in various in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
- Fusion Connect, Inc. – Represented Fusion and its affiliates in its Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC – Represented Kingfisher, as co-debtor in Alta Mesa Resources, Inc., et al. in its Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- UTEX Industries, Inc. – Represented UTEX in its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation – Represented Briggs & Stratton in its Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog Posts
- "CFPB Settles with “Debt Collection Mill”," January 19, 2023
- "AZ Attorney General Concludes Non-Recourse EWA Not a Loan," January 12, 2023
- "OCC Revises Policies and Procedures for Civil Money Penalties," December 15, 2022
- "Treasury Report Sets Guidelines For Oversight on FinTech Participation in Core Finance Markets," December 2, 2022
- "FTC Action Alleging Dark Patterns Forces Software Company to Pay Damages and Adopt New Practices," November 11, 2022
- "Fifth Circuit Rules CFPB Funding Structure Unconstitutional in Next Turn of Litigation," October 27, 2022
- "CFPB Sues Payment Platform as the Crack Down on Dark Patterns Continues," October 20, 2022
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "CFPB Sues Payment Platform Over Dark Patterns," October 27, 2022