Justin Bernbrock Named an Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer
Chicago partner Justin Bernbrock was selected as an "Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer" by Turnarounds & Workouts (T&W) for 2021. The publication's annual list honors the 15 most prominent restructuring lawyers in the United States, which appears as a special report in its December issue.
Among the noteworthy matters spotlighted by T&W in its profile were his representation of:
- A Beal Bank affiliate in connection with Chapter 11 cases of B.J. Services, Inc., and its affiliated debtors, helping the client recover more than any other secured creditor and pay only a fraction of fees that other parties paid;
- Alpha Media, which confirmed within 60 days a fully consensual plan that eliminated the entire $267 million funded debt and provided the company with $120 million+ exit financing, becoming one of the first companies in history to receive PPP funding while in Chapter 11;
- SLT Lending SPV, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of the Sur La Table enterprise via 363 sale process;
- Seadrill Partners, LLC, in restructuring $2.5 billion+ funded debt, and in connection with multi-month marketing and negotiation process regarding debtors’ master services agreements, whereby debtors’ off-shore oil rigs were set to be transitioned to new services providers; and
- The liquidating trustee for Neiman Marcus Liquidating Trust, which is responsible for administration of unsecured claims filed in the case, advising on claims analysis/reconciliation process.
Turnarounds & Workouts is a monthly newsletter published by Beard Group Inc. for professionals tracking distressed businesses in the U.S. and Canada.
Click here to read more.