Bernice Diaz is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Bernice’s practice focuses on labor and employment litigation, representing employers in complex wage and hour class actions in state and federal courts, representative actions under the California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA), and single-plaintiff matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
Bernice has extensive experience defending clients on actions brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). She also advises and counsels clients on day-to-day employment and compliance issues, including discipline and terminations, personnel policies, employee handbooks, disability accommodation, and wage and hour compliance issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Bernice practiced in the Orange County office of an Am Law 100 firm where she focused on employment/wage and hour litigation and complex commercial disputes covering a wide range of areas, including breach of contract, unfair competition, fraud, and consumer financial services.
Bernice graduated from University of California, Irvine School of Law, where she was a Staff Editor of the UC Irvine Law Review and a teaching assistant to first-year law students in the legal writing class. She also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable David O. Carter of the United States District Court for the Central District of California and a legal extern for the Office of Chief Legal Counsel, Internal Revenue Service.
Energy Law Blog Posts
- "Inflation Reduction Act: Prevailing Wage and Apprenticeship Requirement FAQs and Key Takeaways from the Initial Guidance from the Treasury and IRS," December 29, 2022
- "Inflation Reduction Act: Wage and Apprenticeship Requirements," November 15, 2022
- February 14 - 16
Orange County Bar Association
Orange County Asian American Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association
Filipino American Lawyers of Orange County
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Labor and Employment Litigation
J.D., University of California, Irvine, 2019; Staff Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
B.A., University of San Diego, 2014, cum laude
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable David O. Carter of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California