Thomas on Big Data: A Practical Guide To Global Privacy Law
Sheppard Mullin Privacy and Cybersecurity practice group leader Liisa Thomas’s latest treatise is praised as “a unique and comprehensive resource that gives ground rules to set with your business team, circumstances to consider, and steps to take to make sure that any data project is conducted with privacy obligations at top of mind." Thomas on Big Data (published by Thomson Reuters’ West division) is divided into practical sections to make it easier for the practitioner to navigate the collection and use of personal information. It is the first guide of its kind to take the confusing patchwork of privacy laws and organize them into clear categories based on the questions your organization has:
- Are there restrictions on what personal information can be collected?
- What notices are required when collecting information?
- When do we have to give individuals choices about how their information is used?
- What considerations should be made if sharing or using information?
- What about if we want to use personal information to communicate directly with an individual?
An indispensable manual for every privacy practitioner, Thomas on Big Data covers laws surrounding telemarketing, email marketing, wiretap and eavesdropping, biometric children's privacy, spyware and adware, and online privacy.
To order this treatise, please click here.