- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2010
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law, 2004, McAuliffe Honor Society, Senior Staff Editor of the USF Law Review, International & Comparative Law Focus with honors
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 2000
- Extern to the Honorable Charles R. Breyer, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts
Babak Yousefzadeh is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Babak represents employers in a full range of employment law matters, with a focus on litigation and class actions. Babak also specializes in litigation avoidance counseling. His experience includes advising and litigation on matters involving all forms of discrimination, harassment, retaliation/whistleblower issues; breach of contract disputes; wrongful termination claims; wage and hour issues; independent contractor status; workplace investigations; discipline; grievance; workplace violence; Labor Code violations; and other statutory and contractual obligations. He is experienced with single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action proceedings, and practices in both state and federal bodies, in all applicable forums.
Babak is also experienced with defending employers at trial, arbitration and administrative hearings (such as before the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement), and has defended repeated claims against employers successfully, obtaining complete defense jury verdicts, arbitration awards, and administrative rulings. He also has successfully defended employee terminations at arbitration on behalf of unionized employers.
Babak frequently advises clients regarding various labor and employment issues, and assists companies with implementing proactive compliance strategies, gives harassment and discrimination prevention trainings, and drafts employment documents such as employment agreements, employee handbooks, and separation agreements and releases. He also advises unionized employers in the often technical space where traditional labor (collective bargaining agreements) intersect with state statutory employment matters.
- Northern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
- Spring 2019 Seminar SeriesMay 9, 2019
- Fall 2018 Seminar SeriesSeptember 26, 2018
- Spring 2018 Seminar SeriesApril 17, 2018
- Summer 2017
- Fall 2016 Seminar SeriesOctober 13, 2016
- Spring 2015 Seminar SeriesMay 19, 2015
- Fall 2014 Seminar Series - San FranciscoOctober 21, 2014
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco, September 13, 2012
- National President Emeritus of the Iranian American Bar Association, Feb. 2019-present
- National President of the Iranian American Bar Association, 2014- Feb. 2019
- Board of Directors, Iranian American Bar Association, Northern California Chapter, 2011-present
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association