Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - San Francisco
Registration & Breakfast
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Four Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Babak Yousefzadeh, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Morgan Forsey, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's annual “Breakfast with Your Labor Lawyer." 2015 presents significant developments in California labor and employment laws. We will explain how these new developments will affect day-to-day decisions, and provide practical advice for employers on how to respond and protect themselves from liability in the workplace. The topics covered will include updates on the following:
- California’s new mandatory paid sick leave law—notice, compliance and how to calculate mandatory accruals that start on July 1, 2015
- Wage and hour updates, including new interpretations of meal and rest period requirements, as well as increases to minimum wage rates for exemption purposes and minimum wage hikes for contractors
- Updates in the arbitration arena and Private Attorneys' General Act ("PAGA") litigation
- NLRB on the move with more employee protections, including employee right to use company e-mail system to organize and discuss workplace conditions
- Discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases
- Region-specific hot topics, including the San Francisco Retail Workers’ Bill of Rights, the Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program and the Los Angeles Living Wage Ordinance
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you. There is no cost to attend, and there is much to be gained.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is pending approval for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2015).
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.774.2997.