Christina Nguyen is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Christina’s practice focuses on advising clients on corporate transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital financings, and corporate governance.
Before starting at Sheppard Mullin, Christina was a student attorney in the St. John’s University School of Law Securities Arbitration Clinic, managing editor of the Commercial Division Online Law Report, Director of External Competitions for the Dispute Resolution Society, Vice-President of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, and competed in Vienna, Austria at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition.
Christina is also committed diversity and inclusion as a board member of the National Conference of Vietnamese American Attorneys Bar Association, co-chair of the Asian American Bar Association of New York Career Placement Committee, and member of the Korean American Lawyers of Greater New York Bar Association.
Ms. Nguyen has represented:
- Represented Sony Interactive Entertainment in connection with the acquisition of Firewalk Studios™ from ProbablyMonsters Inc.
- Verlinvest in connection with its acquisition of Pedego, Inc., a leading electric bicycle brand.
- Verlinvest in connection with the sale of Collegewise, a college admissions counseling business, to Crimson Education.
- Locus Solutions, LLC, a leading developer of customized biosurfactant solutions that are used by its clients to achieve sustainability and ESG goals, in various corporate matters.
- Barracuda Networks, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of SKOUT Cybersecurity Holdings Inc.
- Main Industries, Inc. in connection with its sale to International Marine and Industrial Applicators, LLC.
- StraxCorp Pty Ltd in connection with its merger of CurveBeam, LLC to form CurveBeam AI, Ltd.
- Advanced Marine Preservation, LLC in connection with its sale to Armada Parent, Inc.
- Soylent in connection with its reverse triangular merger with Starco Brands, Inc.
- Signet Healthcare Partners with its Series B Funding in Paragonix Technologies, Inc.
- A French pharmaceutical company in connection with the acquisition of a French pharmaceutical laboratory.
- A consulting firm in connection with its acquisition of a consulting services company.
- A people management software in various corporate matters, including its reverse triangular merger.
- A veterinary care clinic in various corporate matters.
- An information technology company in various corporate matters.
- Strategic investors in their private equity investments.
- An information technology company with its series seed financing round.
- A health technology company with its series seed financing round.
- A medical devices manufacturer with its financing round.
- A pharmaceutical company with its financing round.
- A waste collection and recycling company with its financing round.
- A carbon removal company with its financing round.
- Bloomberg Law, 01.22.2021
AABANY (Asian American Bar Association of New York): Ms. Nguyen is the current co-chair of the Career Placement Committee since 2017.
KALAGNY (Korean American Lawyer Association of Greater New York): Ms. Nguyen is currently running for the position of Vice President of Communications. Ms. Nguyen is the former chair of the KALAGNY Gala planning committee and the current co-chair of the KALAGNY Gala auction subcommittee.
NCVAA (National Conference of Vietnamese American Attorneys): Ms. Nguyen is currently on the board and the former co-chair of the NCVAA Annual Conference Planning Committee.
NAPABA (National Asian Pacific American Bar Association): Ms. Nguyen is a current member and attendee of its annual conference.