Daniel J. Alvarado is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations, and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Daniel's practice encompasses all areas of government contracting, with a focus on matters of compliance, investigations, disclosure obligations, transactional due diligence, and bid protest litigation. He assists clients of all sizes in manning complex government regulatory requirements in the areas of schedule contracting, cybersecurity, the supply chain, and domestic preferences. He also advises clients on contract formation and administration.
Prior to going into private practice, Daniel gained insight into the industry while interning with in-house counsel for a major defense contractor. In his role, he supported the business by assisting with matters of compliance, ethics, and litigation. During law school, Daniel was a judicial intern with the Fairfax County Circuit Court.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
Government Contracts & Investigations Law Blog Posts
- "Software Companies Beware: Board Holds Subcontractor Cannot Enforce EULA Directly Against Federal Government," January 28,2022
- "Executive Order 14042 – Update 12.0: U.S. District Court Issues Nationwide Injunction," December 8, 2021
- "What We Know And Don’t About The Federal Court Order Enjoining EO 14042," December 3, 2021
- "Seeking HoNIST Opinions, Part II – NIST Invites Comments on Major Revision to Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management Practices and Software Guidelines Mandated By Cybersecurity Executive Order," November 10, 2021
- "Double Time – NIST Seeks Comments on Major Revision to Practices for Developing Cyber-Resilient Systems (SP 800-160) and Assessing Security and Privacy Controls in Information Systems and Organizations (SP 800-53A)," August 30, 2021
- "Watch Your Boundaries – FedRAMP Releases Draft Authorization Boundary Guidance for Public Comment," July 28, 2021
- "Seeking HoNIST Opinions – NIST Invites Comments on Major Revision to Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management Practices for Systems and Organizations (SP 800-161) and Provides Further Software Supply Chain Guidance," May 26, 2021
American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 2019
B.A., University of Virginia, 2015
- District of Columbia