Dmitriy Chelnitsky is a partner in the Tax Practice Group in the firm's New York office, specializing in executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA matters.
Areas of Practice
Dmitriy advises public and private companies, executives and boards on executive compensation and employee benefits issues, with a particular emphasis on issues arising in the context of mergers, private equity-sponsored buyouts and divestitures, entity formations, acquisitions, IPOs and other corporate matters.
He regularly advises companies, executive management teams and individual executives with the design, implementation and termination of compensation and benefit arrangements, including equity investments, executive employment and severance arrangements; consulting arrangements; retention, severance and change-in-control plans; cash and equity-based incentive programs; and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
Dmitriy frequently advises clients regarding tax rules relating to corporate and noncorporate equity incentive arrangements, deferred compensation, excise tax on excess parachute payments and limits on the deductibility of executive compensation. He also advises on SEC rules governing executive compensation disclosure and corporate governance matters arising in the executive compensation context.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "The CARES ACT – Tax Relief," March 27, 2020
- Bloomberg Law, 01.22.2021
- Global Legal Chronicle, 02.24.2020
- Daily Journal, 12.11.2018
- Practical Law Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, 11.06.2018
- The Lateral Audit: Tax Attorney Moves In JuneLaw360, 07.03.2018
- Key ERISA and Employee Benefits Considerations for Employers and Plan Sponsors in the Wake of Dobbs, Webinar, 08.23.2022