- J.D., Loyola University Chicago, 1998
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois - Champaign, 1993
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
David Heisey is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Heisey's practice is devoted to the representation of high-tech and life sciences clients with extensive experience in patent portfolio development and patent infringement litigation. He also regularly counsels clients regarding patent validity, infringement, freedom-to-operate and enforceability. In addition, Mr. Heisey is experienced in trademark prosecution and enforcement, as well as IP licensing and due diligence.
Mr. Heisey is a registered patent attorney with extensive experience in a variety of technologies, including power electronics, computer graphics, financial services, clean energy applications, medical instruments, data compression and business methods. Mr. Heisey has recently represented clients including The Walt Disney Company, MasterCard International, and Clean Energy Fuels Corporation. Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Heisey was employed as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Mr. Heisey is an active speaker for TechAmerica and San Diego Inventor's Forum.
- Mr. Heisey has served as a panelist for CrowdPitch events for Funding Universe.
- Member, TechAmerica
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, San Diego Intellectual Property Law Association