- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2006, Chief Student Articles Editor of the Women’s Law Journal
- B.A., Westminster College, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California
Erinn Contreras is a special counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Contreras is a seasoned litigator with significant experience in breach of warranty, products liability, construction, landlord/tenant and other types of real estate-related litigation. She works collaboratively with clients, consultants, expert witnesses and opposing parties to resolve disputes economically and efficiently. When early resolution is not possible, she vigorously litigates on behalf of her clients. Ms. Contreras recently obtained a substantial judgment on behalf of a property owner following a four-week construction defect trial.
In addition to her construction and real estate practice, Ms. Contreras also has ample employment experience, consisting of both employer counseling and employment litigation. She regularly advises employers on a wide array of employment issues, including employee terminations, wage and hour compliance, leaves of absence and requests for accommodation. Ms. Contreras has significant experience defending employers against claims for wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and in wage and hour class actions involving claims for misclassification, overtime pay, meal and rest period violations and wage statement violations. She recently obtained a fully-favorable ruling on behalf of a Fortune 500 company accused of discrimination following a one-week arbitration.
- Northern California Rising Stars 2013-2016
- Representing owner of large, multi-family projects in cases against developer, general contractor and subcontractors for breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence and unfair competition, and successfully achieved global settlements with all parties and their insurance carriers.
- Representing products manufacturer in litigation arising from alleged defects of products and component parts.
- Serving on a trial team that obtained a substantial judgment in a construction defect trial.
- Serving on a trial team that obtained a jury verdict for a commercial plaintiff involved in an international contract dispute.
- Procuring a fully-favorable verdict on behalf of a Fortune 500 company accused of discrimination following a one-week arbitration.
- Obtaining a judgment on behalf of a property owner in an action against a tenant.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of an employer in a disability discrimination case.
- Negotiating and procuring the settlement of an employment discrimination lawsuit against a large multinational business.
- Advising property owner regarding water intrusion issues and best practices in managing existing tenants.
- Member, National Association of Women in Construction
- Member, NAIOP's San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Member, NAIOP's 2015-2016 Young Professionals Group