- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2006
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo, 2000
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Ericka Schulz is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Ericka assists clients in enforcing their intellectual property rights, with an emphasis in litigating patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret disputes. She has considerable trial and pre-trial experience throughout the U.S. and in popular patent venues such as the Texas, Delaware and California district courts, and before the International Trade Commission (ITC). Ericka has a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and is experienced in representing clients in many diverse technical fields, including electrical, software, telecommunications, wireless devices, networking, optics, mechanical and medical devices.
Ericka is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and counsels clients in prosecuting patent and trademark applications, as well as patent reexaminations, or inter partes reviews (IPRs). She also counsels clients on overall intellectual property protection strategies and conducts IP due diligence for corporate transactions.
Prior to entering private practice, Ericka was an electrical engineer at WindRiver Systems, Inc., designing embedded systems for three years. She also completed her Master’s Thesis at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories involving a bio-medical software application for DNA microarrays. Ericka studied internationally in a number of countries, including Japan, Brazil, Chile, Argentina and South Africa.
- San Diego Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
"Using ‘Octane’ to Deter Nuisance Patent Suits," The Recorder, May 4, 2015.
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Federal Circuit Limits Estoppel Provision of the AIA," March 29, 2016
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- Member, State Bar of California