Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour - Los Angeles
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Program
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Happy Hour
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Registration & Materials $50
Ronda Jamgotchian, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Lisa Harris, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Greg Berk, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour Seminar Series. 2016 presents significant developments in California labor and employment laws that will affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide analysis and insight on these new laws, as well as offer practical advice and helpful tools for employers to protect their organizations from liability in the workplace. Topics to be covered include:
- Amendments to the Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA)
- Harassment/Discrimination/Retaliation Updates
- The Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Department of Labor Persuader Regulations
- Amendments to Fair Employment and Housing Act Regulations
- Final Changes to Department of Labor Overtime Exemption Rules
- Streamlined EEOC Procedure to Handle Administrative Charges
- Rule for Government Contractors Regarding Sex Discrimination
- New Paid Sick Leave Laws
- Paid Family Leave Developments
- Clarified Wage Statement Requirements for Exempt Employees
- Severance Agreements and Whistleblowing Laws
- And much, much more!
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2016).
Questions? Contact Casey Alexander via email or 213.830.2012.