Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour - San Diego
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Program
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Happy Hour
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Registration & Materials $50
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Adam R. Rosenthal, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Justine M. Phillips, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
Ashley T. Hirano, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Labor & Employment Law Update & Happy Hour Seminar Series. 2017 presents significant developments in California labor and employment laws that will affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide analysis and insight on these new laws, as well as offer practical advice and helpful tools for employers to protect their organizations from liability in the workplace. Topics to be covered include:
- New “Day of Rest” Rules
- Expansion of class member discovery in PAGA-only lawsuits
- Meal and rest period claims by on-call employees
- The problem with rounding
- Challenges to the Department of Labor’s minimum salary requirements
- How bonuses affect the regular rate when calculating overtime
- Exemptions in the mortgage industry
- Retaliation under the FLSA
- Update on “Ban the Box” legislation
- Department of Justice’s position on class action waivers
- Work permits in wage and hour claims
- Allowing employees to work from home as a reasonable accommodation for disabilities
- Attendance problems in disability claims
- Stereotyping and perception in discrimination claims
- DFEH’s new workplace harassment guide
- New forms regarding domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
- Update on travel ban
- And much more.
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program has been approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2017).