Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - Los Angeles
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Program
The LINE Hotel
3515 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, 90010
Registration & Materials: $50
Ronda Jamgotchian, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Lisa Harris, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Hilary Habib, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer Seminar Series. This year, you will have to face many new developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way you run your day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with analysis and insights on these new laws and offer practical advice and helpful tools to ensure compliance and protect your company from liability in the workplace. We will cover:
Wage & Hour
- Minimum Wage Compliance Under the FLSA
- 2018 California State and Local Minimum Wage Rates
- Change in California Exemption Rates for Computer Employees and Physicians
- DOL Considering New Standard for Interns
- Legal Developments Under the FLSA
- Class Action Developments
- PAGA Standing Requirements and Legal Developments
Harassment & Discrimination
- Ending Forced Arbitration of Sexual Harassment Act
- Changes to Harassment Training Requirements
- Case Law Developments
- Parent Leave Act
- Leave Rights for Members of the State Military Reserve
- Compliance with California Sanctuary State Policies
Plus, Practical Tips for:
- Complying with California Salary History Inquiry Ban
- Conducting an Investigation
- Employee Telecommuting
- Marijuana Policies and Drug Testing in Light of Legalization
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 California recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2018).
Questions? Email Lindsey Delas Alas at email@example.com