The Digital Economy: What you need to Know to Compete
The World Wide Web was invented in 1990 by computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee. As of July 2018, out of a total population of 7.7 billion people on earth, 4.1 billion people were active on the Internet and 3.3 billion people were social media users, with China, India and the United States leading the way. It has been suggested that digitization will affect 98% of the US economy.
Technology Turning Point: What It Means for Fashion and Retail
- Negotiating and Getting Deals Done in the Global Digital Marketplace - (Daniel Schnapp)
- It’s Not the Same Old Song (or Content): How Digitization is Revolutionizing Copyright Law (Music Modernization Act) and Licensing - (Ed Komen and Pamela Weinstock) and
- Digitization Fashion Jeopardy: What You Don’t Know Will Hurt You (and Your Ability to Compete) - (Ted Max).
Please join the Association of Corporate Counsel of New York City Retail Practice Group along with the Council of Fashion Designers of America for a practical CLE on these cutting-edge topics. The panel discussions on the first two topics above will be followed by a segment of Fashion Jeopardy focusing on the digital revolution. Come and test your knowledge and meet CFDA members at the cocktail reception afterwards.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Registration
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Program
7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Networking Reception
- Daniel Schnapp, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Ed Komen, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Ted Max, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Pamela Weinstock, Experienced Entertainment and Fashion In-House Counsel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Contact Kathyrn Santerre via email or at 202.747.2671