Technology and Law Forum
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Public concern about privacy, data security and data sharing is surging, and it is leading to changes in the law and the way we do business. Sheppard Mullin’s Silicon Valley Office and KPMG have assembled a panel of experts who will explain how to navigate the changing information landscape and answer your questions.
Please join us in Palo Alto for wine and hors d'oeuvres, followed by an engaging panel discussion, and networking on Tuesday, November 13th.
Topics will include:
Legal developments with respect to data collection, use, sharing, and security, including:
- The new California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Implementation of the EU General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
- Developments in the interpretation and application of other privacy, data security, and data sharing laws
The impact on businesses, including:
- Privacy compliance obligations
- Implications for business activities and business models
- Getting ahead of the curve and avoiding issues
- Nicklas Akers - Senior Assistant Attorney General, California Department of Justice
- Krystal Bowen - Privacy and Investigations Leas, Zynga
- Jurgen Van Staden - Privacy and Public Policy Manager, Facebook
- Doron Rotman - Managing Partner National Privacy Services Lead, KPMG
- Brian Anderson - Partner Intellectual Property and Commercial Transactions, Sheppard Mullin
- Troy Wolverton (Moderator) - Senior Tech Editor, Business Insider
6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.: Hors d'oeuvres and wine
6:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: MCLE Certified Panel Discussion
8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.: Networking
The Sea by Alexander's Steakhouse
4269 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Space is limited.
Questions? Contact Summer Connery.