2019 Employee Handbook And Personnel Policies
Castle's Summer Seminar Series
August 8, 2019 - Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites Hotel - Arcadia
September 18, 2019 - Orange County
Embassy Suites Anaheim Hotel - Garden Grove
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Richard J. Simmons
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, Los Angeles, California
The seminar will examine the legal and practical issues associated with handbooks and the proper manner of drafting policies that will both implement employers' objectives and safeguard their interests. Numerous kinds of policies will be reviewed and more than 460 sample policies will be provided, including policies on termination, progressive discipline, at-will employment, vacation benefits, leaves of absence, reference requests, and performance evaluations, among others. This program is essential for all employers. You will not want to miss this invaluable workshop.
The seminar features Richard J. Simmons' 2019 Edition of the EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AND PERSONNEL POLICIES MANUAL (over 780 pages), which is provided free to all registrants. It is an indispensable resource for employers in all industries.
Among the many subjects that will be discussed in the program are the following:
- Family and Medical Care Leave Standards
- New Sick Leave and Vacation Policies
- Leave of Absence Laws and Policies
- Violence Prevention and Workplace Security
- Social Media and Networking Policies
- Benefit disclaimers
- Meal and rest period policies reflecting new standards
- Organ and bone marrow donor leaves
- California's Paid Family Leave Law - SB 1661 and Amendments
- Internet and electronic communications policies
- Drug and alcohol screening, detection, and prohibition policies
- COBRA policies
- Drafting time off and leave of absence policies
- Employment discrimination issues
- Contractual issues
- Grievance procedures
- Termination for cause vs. at will
- Sexual harassment policies -- sample provided
- Medical leave of absence policies
- Holiday, sick, and paid time off benefits
- Reference request policies and releases
- Questions and answers
This activity has been approved for MCLE credit in the amount of 6 hours by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
The HR Certification Institute has pre-approved this activity for 6 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ certifications. The content of the activity submitted has met the criteria of the Approved Provider Program.
This program is valid for 6 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM℠ or SHRM-SCPSM℠.