Webinar With Your Labor Lawyer - Los Angeles
Due to the growing concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have decided to convert our Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer program to a complimentary webinar. While such decisions are never taken lightly, nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our guests, colleagues, and employees.
We are thinking about you, and sending our wishes to stay well and safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist during this challenging time.
If you have already registered for the in-person program, we will send you the link to join the webinar via Zoom to the email address you provided.
All registration and material fees paid through Paypal have been refunded, and you should have received a confirmation email for the transaction. If you have any questions regarding payments or refunds, please email Lindsey Jacobson.
Your Friends at Sheppard Mullin
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. PST
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST
*The link to join the webinar will be shared with you closer to the event date.
Registration & Materials
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Paul Berkowitz, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Ryan Krueger, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's “Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer” Spring 2020 Seminar Series. This year, employers will have to face many new developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way they run their day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with analysis and insights on these new laws and offer practical advice and helpful tools to ensure compliance and protect your company from liability in the workplace.
We will cover all employment law issues related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and:
- New guidance on calculating meal and rest period penalties
- Recent joint employer regulations and case developments
- Update on independent contractors under AB 5
- Status of mandatory arbitration agreements after AB 51
- Changes to employee handbooks based on recent legislation
- Update to status of “bag check” cases
- Proposed new tip pooling rules
- Paystub pitfalls to avoid
- The Department of Labor’s new final rule regarding regular rate standards
- Status of non-solicitation clauses in California
- Practical tips regarding workplace accommodations and leaves of absence
- Developments regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and its impact on employers
- Recent National Labor Relations Board decisions
- Updates in discrimination, harassment and retaliation case law
- And much more!
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Questions? Contact Lindsey Jacobson via email or phone at 714.424.2819.