Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - San Francisco
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Program
Four Embarcadero Center, 17th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Registration & Materials $50
Brooke Purcell, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Keahn Morris, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's “Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer” Spring 2020 Seminar Series. This year, employers will have to face many new developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way they run their day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with analysis and insights on these new laws and offer practical advice and helpful tools to ensure compliance and protect your company from liability in the workplace. We will cover:
- New guidance on calculating meal and rest period penalties
- Recent joint employer regulations and case developments
- Update on independent contractors under AB 5
- Status of mandatory arbitration agreements after AB 51
- Changes to employee handbooks based on recent legislation
- Update to status of “bag check” cases
- Proposed new tip pooling rules
- Paystub pitfalls to avoid
- The Department of Labor’s new final rule regarding regular rate standards
- Status of non-solicitation clauses in California
- Practical tips regarding workplace accommodations and leaves of absence
- Developments regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and its impact on employers
- Recent National Labor Relations Board decisions
- Updates in discrimination, harassment and retaliation case law
- And much more!
Our attorneys will be available after the presentation to answer all of your legal questions.
If you have colleagues who share your interest in this topic, please invite them to attend with you.
We look forward to seeing you for this informative, engaging and interactive seminar.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Questions? Contact Belinda Ashong via email or 415.774.3171.