California Labor & Employment Law Update
Thursday, April 14, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PDT
Complimentary Program via Webinar
Click here to register.
*Webinar details will be sent upon registration.*
Please join us for Sheppard Mullin's California Labor & Employment Law Update Spring 2022 Webinar. This year, employers will have to face many new developments in California labor and employment laws that will significantly affect the way they run their day-to-day business operations. We will provide you with analysis and insights on these new laws and offer practical advice and helpful tools to ensure compliance and protect your company from liability in the workplace.
- The Future of Mandatory Employee Arbitration Agreements in California (H.R. 4445; AB51)
- The United States Supreme Court’s Upcoming Ruling on Whether PAGA Lawsuits May Be Subject to Arbitration (Viking River Cruises)
- What You Unfortunately Still Need Know About COVID-19:
- California COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Reinstated
- OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Standard Withdrawn
- Cal/OSHA Revised COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards
- California Supreme Court’s New Standard That Meal and Rest Period Premiums Must Be Paid at Same “Regular Rate of Pay” Used to Calculate Overtime Payments (Ferra)
- California Supreme Court’s Revised Standard for Evaluating Whistleblower Actions (Lawson)
- California’s Sweeping Changes to Workplace Settlement and Separation Agreements (SB 331)
- California Court of Appeal’s Ruling on Critical PAGA Issues (Moniz)
- DFEH’s More Aggressive Approach to Enforcing California Fair Chance Act
- Newly Expanded Enforcement Authority for Cal/OSHA
- San Francisco’s Measure Requiring Sick Leave for Domestic Workers
- Ban the Box: Federal Government Adopts Fair Hiring Practice
- Independent Contractor Update: The EDD Audits are Coming…
Plus much more!
- Greg Labate, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Paul Berkowitz, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
This activity has been approved for 2 hours of Minimum Continuing Legal Education general credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program is approved for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2022).
*You must attend the full webinar to receive credit.